Congratulations to Fr Tony Nunes on the 25th Anniversary of his Priestly Ordination. May the grace and peace of Our Lord be with you in all you do. With prayers of gratitude and joy for all your faithful service.
Fraternal Greetings to you.
The Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) met and also reviewed Parish Covid Protocols. As the law allows
maximum 250 people per Church Service and as the Parish is opening up and moving towards a
“New Normal” it was decided to encourage ALL people, including the under 15’s and the over 70’s,
to return to Church. There is a need to rebuild the community, the faith and the resources of
Maryvale Catholic Church, we hope that we can count on you.
Think and pray about these things and going forward hope to see you ALL in Church. God Bless
Fr AP Nunes (Signed letter from Fr Tony)
The PPC also approved the following Evangelization Program for 2021
Ordinary Time 17/01/2021 -16/02/2021
Parish Retreat -Sat 30 Jan ’21 at 09h00 -17h00
Lent 17/02/21 -01/04/21
- The Wild Goose (Wed’s at 19h00) Feb 3, 10, 24 & Mar 3,10,17,24, 31
- Stations of the Cross (Fri’s at 18h00) Feb 19, 26, & Mar 5, 12, 19, 26
Easter 04/04/21 -23/05/21
- The Wild Goose (Wed’s at 19h00) Apr 7, 14, 21, 28 & May 5, 12, 19
- Stations of Light (Sat’s at 18h30) Apr 10, 17, 24, -May 1, 8, 15, 22
- Healing & Restoration Mass -Fri 30 Apr at 19h00 D) Parish Retreat (Sat 30 May 21 at 09h00 -17h00)
Ordinary Time 24/ 05/21 -27/11/21
- Form Adult Catechesis (Wed’s at 19h00) Jul -7, 14, 21, 28 Aug 4, 11, 18, 25 Sep 1, 8, 15, 22
- Healing Restoration Mass (Fri 30 Jul ’21 at 19h00)
- Parish Retreat (Sat 25 Sep ‘21 at 09h00 -17h00)
- The Bible and the Virgin Mary (Wed’s at 19h00) Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 Nov 3, 10, 17, 24
- Healing / Restoration Mass (Fri 30 Oct ’21 at 19h00)
Living Faith orders for 2021
Anyone who wants to get the quarterly Living Faith booklet in 2021 must place their order in the repository before the end of November.
We appeal to our parishioners to continue donating to the parish. Envelopes have been placed at the entrance to the church. Contributions may also be paid directly into the Parish Bank Account. The Parish banking details are as follows: Bank – Standard Bank Acc Name – Maryvale Catholic Church Acc Number – 001832670
2020 November AdNews: https://www.catholicjhb.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/AD-News-Nov-2020.pdf
Anyone wanting Christmas Puddings from San Salvador Home can order through the Parish Office, weekends at the Repository or contact Ann Pearton on 083 660 5608. Large R200 ; Small R100